The project aims to support development of stable democratic institutions and to strengthen the rule of law within the EU accession process in Serbia.
- To prevent corruption risks in governing of public resources allocated for sustainable water management;
- To improve public participation in decision-making processes, based on the rights to accurate information and protection of community and environmental assets in water management.
RERI will contribute to achieving these objectives through:
- Establishment of independent civil monitoring over the implementation of legal framework and improved transparency on regulatory mechanisms in (waste) water investments and management;
- Extending expertise and knowledge exchanged within interdisciplinary assessment development on best available technology and practice on waste water management in accordance with applicable laws and procedures;
- Increasing the general knowledge and public awareness on legal, financial, environmental assessments of available solutions, and on the legal right to demand solutions in best public interest;
This project will be implemented from July 2022 to December 2024, supported by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to the Republic of Serbia through Netherlands’ Fund for Regional Partnership – MATRA.