The project aims to improve understanding of local democracy through citizens’ engagement in the process of strategic urban planning of the City of Belgrade.
- To promote inclusive and transparent decision-making in urban management based on valorisation and recognition of public interests defined with citizens as relevant stakeholders;
- To advocate for consistent application of democratic principles and the rule of law, as well as compliance with international standards and principles in urban and spatial planning.
RERI will work on achieving these objectives through:
- Monitoring of the process of general urban planning of the City of Belgrade;
- Two waves of door-to-door campaign on the General Urban Plan of the City of Belgrade with 20.000 citizens in 10 Belgrade municipalities;
- Promotional campaign on social media channels.
This project will be implemented from November 2022 to April 2023, supported by the National Democratic Institute.