This project aims to provide legal and educational support to environmental activists at risk, contributing to building communities that are resilient and capable to hold State and non-State actors accountable for environmental degradation.
- To enable access to justice, enjoyment of core civic freedoms and protection of rights to peaceful assembly, association, and public participation in environmental and climate decision-making;
- To increase capacities of civil society organizations and environmental activists for effective enjoyment of guaranteed international human rights norms and standards related to the rights of freedom of expression, peaceful assembly, association and public participation in environmental and climate decision-making and governance;
- To improve application of international goals and standards (UN, Council of Europe, European Union) into Serbian environmental and climate policy and legal framework;
- To promote responsible environmental and climate policy aligned with international human rights norms and standards.
Special focus will be on the following activities:
- expert’s support to vulnerable groups and communities;
- development of Environmental and Climate Human Rights Guidelines and Capacity building programme;
- development of climate justice recommendations;
- campaign for responsible environmental and climate policy.
This project will be realized from July 2022 to January 2023, supported by the International Center for Not-for-Profit Law.