The project aims to contribute to the improvement of environmental protection through a multi-sector dialogue between public institutions, the economic sector and citizens in the process of approval of the projects and activities that may have a negative impact on the environment, human rights and sustainable development of local communities.
- To improve the practice of early involvement of the public and public influence on decisions on economic projects with potential significant impacts on the environment and human health;
- To affirm the examples of good practice of business’ responsibility towards the environment in the public.
RERI will work on achieving these objectives through:
- Multi-sector dialogue – determination of starting points, standards and models of communication, which will contribute to a joint address of the economic and civil sectors to the competent institutions with a request for approval of the adopted standards;
- Development of a methodology based on the application of the Aarhus Convention, environmental and social standards of international financial institutions and their adaptation to local needs, building trust, and establishing guidelines;
- Promotion of the achieved results.
The project is being implemented from May 2022 until December 2022 within the advocacy capacity building programme for civil society organisations: ‘’Active citizens for a better society – advocacy for collaboration and democratic development” supported by USAID and Belgrade Open School.