The general goal of the project is to contribute to solving the problem of the lack of responsibility of public authorities and polluters according to the current legal framework and environmental protection standards.
Expected results of the project:
- Improved supervisory mechanisms and environmental protection in criminal, administrative and litigation judicial and administrative practice;
- Improved role of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia and the Belgrade City Assembly in supervising the work of executive authorities;
- The right to a healthy and preserved environment and the need for criminal-legal protection recognized as an important topic in the media and the public.
RERI will contribute to achieving these objectives through:
- Improvement of environmental protection in criminal, administrative and civil court practice;
- Monitoring the implementation of the Air Quality Plan in the city of Belgrade;
- Strengthening the supervisory role of the National Assembly in the implementation of environmental protection policy;
- Promotional activities and improvement of visibility of the project.
The project is implemented in the period from August 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023 with the support of the Open Society Foundation.